GOLDNET.MARKET - “We want and are working to provide business with the opportunity to develop a lot of activity areas”

Today, almost all jewellery companies have their own wholesale websites, online stores, and social media pages. But a year ago, GOLDNET.MARKET, the first jewellery wholesale marketplace appeared in Russia, a new effective tool for the jewellery market...

20 september 2021

Platinum’s rare nature gives it additional value and appeal

Huw Daniel is the CEO of Platinum Guild International, overseeing market development activities in China, Japan, India and the USA, on behalf of the platinum producers of South Africa. Before taking up this role in 2015, Huw ran PGI USA for 12 years...

13 september 2021

Marco Carniello: We want to continue to be the engine boosting the jewellery industry

Italian Exhibition Group (IEG) is a leader in Italy in the organisation of trade fairs and one of the main operators in the trade fair and conference sector at European level, with structures in Rimini and Vicenza, as well as further sites in...

06 september 2021

There is a significant need for smart and technological financial solutions in the diamond industry

MDPS, the Israeli start-up Fintech company from the Mazalit Group is gearing up to enter the diamond industry soon. Zeev Maimon, the CEO of MDPS is also the Founder / CEO of MAZALIT, a B2B payment platform designed and dedicated to the global diamond...

30 august 2021

The future for synthetics lies in that it has become possible to grow a stone you want and make what you want out of it

Alex Popov, President of the Moscow Diamond Exchange and head of the Âme jewelry brand, which uses lab-grown diamonds to produce jewelry, sat for an interview with Rough&Polished sharing his views on the coexistence of natural and man-made diamonds in...

23 august 2021

Dominion Updates Diavik, Ekati Mine Plans

20 march 2014

The Diavik diamond mine in Canada will produce 6.1 million carats from 1.9 million tonnes of ore during 2014, Dominion Diamond Corp. reported following an update to its mine plan for the year, according to Rapaport.
Diavik, has three operating kimberlite ‎pipes, including the A-154 South pipe which will source 700,000 tonnes, the A-154 North pipe which will process 800,000 tonnes and the A-418 pipe which will produce approximately 400,000 tonnes. The company noted that mining will be exclusively underground.
Based on historical recovery rates, Diavik will also process 600,000 diamonds from reprocessed plant rejects (RPR) and 200,000 carats from improved recovery of small diamonds.
The updated mine plan for Diavik anticipates that the company's operating costs will reach $155 million in fiscal 2015. Diavik's total cost of sales in fiscal 2015 are expected to amount to $280 million. Dominion owns a 40 percent stake in Diavik with the remaining 60 percent owned by Rio Tinto.
Dominon also owns an 80 percent stake in the Ekati mine. The company expects to produce 1 million carats from 2.7 million tonnes of ore during the year. Mining at Ekati in fiscal 2015 will focus on ore production from the Fox open pit which is slated to process 1.7 million tonnes, with 1 million tonnes processed at Koala.
The company will source additional plant feed to keep the processing plant at capacity for the period from additional levels in the Koala North underground, the Misery South and Southwest diamond bearing satellite bodies as well as the stockpile of coarse ore rejects. The Koala North underground, Misery South and Southwest satellite bodies as well as the coarse ore rejects are not included in the company's reserves and resource statement.
Dominion expects to spend $100 million to continue development at the Misery Pipe and $55 million to develop the Pigeon pipe. Overall operating costs for Ekati are expected to reach $195 million during the year.