Platinum’s rare nature gives it additional value and appeal

Huw Daniel is the CEO of Platinum Guild International, overseeing market development activities in China, Japan, India and the USA, on behalf of the platinum producers of South Africa. Before taking up this role in 2015, Huw ran PGI USA for 12 years...

13 september 2021

Marco Carniello: We want to continue to be the engine boosting the jewellery industry

Italian Exhibition Group (IEG) is a leader in Italy in the organisation of trade fairs and one of the main operators in the trade fair and conference sector at European level, with structures in Rimini and Vicenza, as well as further sites in...

06 september 2021

There is a significant need for smart and technological financial solutions in the diamond industry

MDPS, the Israeli start-up Fintech company from the Mazalit Group is gearing up to enter the diamond industry soon. Zeev Maimon, the CEO of MDPS is also the Founder / CEO of MAZALIT, a B2B payment platform designed and dedicated to the global diamond...

30 august 2021

The future for synthetics lies in that it has become possible to grow a stone you want and make what you want out of it

Alex Popov, President of the Moscow Diamond Exchange and head of the Âme jewelry brand, which uses lab-grown diamonds to produce jewelry, sat for an interview with Rough&Polished sharing his views on the coexistence of natural and man-made diamonds in...

23 august 2021

De Beers’ GemFair ropes in more than 160 Sierra Leone artisanal miners

De Beers inaugurated its GemFair pilot programme in Sierra Leone’s Kono District with 14-member mine sites in 2018 to create a secure route to market for ethically sourced artisanal and small-scale diamonds. GemFair programme manager Ruby Stocklin-Weinberg...

16 august 2021

Firestone reports ‘highly attractive’ results for Liqhobong DFS

26 october 2012

Firestone Diamonds said it is pleased with the “highly attractive” results of a Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS) for its Liqhobong diamond Project, in Lesotho.
The company had a 75 percent interest in the project, while the government of Lesotho owned the remaining 25 percent.
The DFS assumed an average annual production of 1.2 million carats commencing 2015 and a 15 year life of open pit mine.
An average diamond price of $100/ct was also anticipated.
"We are pleased to announce these highly attractive results for the Liqhobong DFS, which confirm management's belief in the robustness of the project,” Firestone chief executive Tim Wilkes said in a statement emailed to Rough&Polished.
“There could also be considerable upside from the recovery of larger special diamonds that have been catered for in the design of the new treatment plant.”
Firestone said it was now progressing discussions with debt providers and considering other marketing arrangements to minimise dilution to shareholders.