Work hard and you will find success

Eduard Utkin, Director General of the “Jewellers’ Guild of Russia” Association, expert of the RF Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s Committee on Precious Metals and Precious Stones, told R&P about implementing the SIIS PMPS (State Integrated Information...

Yesterday

GOLDNET.MARKET - “We want and are working to provide business with the opportunity to develop a lot of activity areas”

Today, almost all jewellery companies have their own wholesale websites, online stores, and social media pages. But a year ago, GOLDNET.MARKET, the first jewellery wholesale marketplace appeared in Russia, a new effective tool for the jewellery market...

20 september 2021

Platinum’s rare nature gives it additional value and appeal

Huw Daniel is the CEO of Platinum Guild International, overseeing market development activities in China, Japan, India and the USA, on behalf of the platinum producers of South Africa. Before taking up this role in 2015, Huw ran PGI USA for 12 years...

13 september 2021

Marco Carniello: We want to continue to be the engine boosting the jewellery industry

Italian Exhibition Group (IEG) is a leader in Italy in the organisation of trade fairs and one of the main operators in the trade fair and conference sector at European level, with structures in Rimini and Vicenza, as well as further sites in...

06 september 2021

There is a significant need for smart and technological financial solutions in the diamond industry

MDPS, the Israeli start-up Fintech company from the Mazalit Group is gearing up to enter the diamond industry soon. Zeev Maimon, the CEO of MDPS is also the Founder / CEO of MAZALIT, a B2B payment platform designed and dedicated to the global diamond...

30 august 2021

SA state-diamond miner Alexkor has no plans to expand operations

30 may 2012

South Africa’s state-owned diamond miner Alexkor is not interested in expanding beyond its current Alexander Bay Mining operations, in the Northern Cape, a government official has said.
The country’s Public Enterprises Minister Malusi Gigaba was quoted by Mining Weekly as saying that growing the business outside South Africa’s borders still remained a future option.
“No thorough feasibility study has been done on new mining opportunities beyond Alexander Bay. No funding allocation has been made for explorations,” he said.
This followed reports last year that Alexkor was in negotiations to pursue mining projects in Angola, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Zimbabwe.
He said that that the short- to medium-term strategic focus for Alexkor was to ensure that the pooling-and-sharing JV between the state-diamond miner and the Ritchersveld community was commercially viable, sustainable and fulfilled the developmental aims Pretoria had for Namaqualand.
Alexkor’s land and mining rights were transferred to the Richtersveld Mining Company (RMC) in line with a 2007 land restitution order.
The landside and marine rights were placed under the control of a joint board, with Alexkor holding 51 percent in the venture while the remaining 49 percent belonged to RMC.

Mathew Nyaungwa, Editor in Chief of the African Bureau, Rough&Polished