GOLDNET.MARKET - “We want and are working to provide business with the opportunity to develop a lot of activity areas”

Today, almost all jewellery companies have their own wholesale websites, online stores, and social media pages. But a year ago, GOLDNET.MARKET, the first jewellery wholesale marketplace appeared in Russia, a new effective tool for the jewellery market...

20 september 2021

Platinum’s rare nature gives it additional value and appeal

Huw Daniel is the CEO of Platinum Guild International, overseeing market development activities in China, Japan, India and the USA, on behalf of the platinum producers of South Africa. Before taking up this role in 2015, Huw ran PGI USA for 12 years...

13 september 2021

Marco Carniello: We want to continue to be the engine boosting the jewellery industry

Italian Exhibition Group (IEG) is a leader in Italy in the organisation of trade fairs and one of the main operators in the trade fair and conference sector at European level, with structures in Rimini and Vicenza, as well as further sites in...

06 september 2021

There is a significant need for smart and technological financial solutions in the diamond industry

MDPS, the Israeli start-up Fintech company from the Mazalit Group is gearing up to enter the diamond industry soon. Zeev Maimon, the CEO of MDPS is also the Founder / CEO of MAZALIT, a B2B payment platform designed and dedicated to the global diamond...

30 august 2021

The future for synthetics lies in that it has become possible to grow a stone you want and make what you want out of it

Alex Popov, President of the Moscow Diamond Exchange and head of the Âme jewelry brand, which uses lab-grown diamonds to produce jewelry, sat for an interview with Rough&Polished sharing his views on the coexistence of natural and man-made diamonds in...

23 august 2021

Lucara acquires outstanding shares in Motapa

08 july 2009

Lucara Diamond Corp has completed the acquisition of all outstanding shares in Motapa Diamonds after the transaction received shareholder and court approval.
Lucara said in a statement that the British Columbia Supreme Court had sanctioned the acquisition last Thursday and Motapa's shares would be delisted from trading on the TSX Venture Exchange.
“Pursuant to the plan of arrangement, all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Motapa were transferred to Lucara in consideration for the issuance by Lucara of 0.9055 common shares of Lucara for each Motapa share received,” it said.
The outstanding stock options of Motapa were replaced by options to purchase common shares of Lucara based on the same exchange ratio.
Lucara also noted that a draft application for a ten-year mining license for the Mothae project had been submitted to the Lesotho government for review and comment.
“Negotiations on commercial terms of the mining license will be undertaken in August 2009 and are expected to be finalised by the end of 2009,” it said.
Lucara and Motapa had been exploring for diamonds in a number of African countries,  but their most advanced assets are stakes in the Mothae project, in Lesotho.
Lucara owns 65 percent while Motapa holds the remaining 35 percent.

Mathew Nyaungwa, Rough&Polished from Namibia