GOLDNET.MARKET - “We want and are working to provide business with the opportunity to develop a lot of activity areas”

Today, almost all jewellery companies have their own wholesale websites, online stores, and social media pages. But a year ago, GOLDNET.MARKET, the first jewellery wholesale marketplace appeared in Russia, a new effective tool for the jewellery market...

20 september 2021

Platinum’s rare nature gives it additional value and appeal

Huw Daniel is the CEO of Platinum Guild International, overseeing market development activities in China, Japan, India and the USA, on behalf of the platinum producers of South Africa. Before taking up this role in 2015, Huw ran PGI USA for 12 years...

13 september 2021

Marco Carniello: We want to continue to be the engine boosting the jewellery industry

Italian Exhibition Group (IEG) is a leader in Italy in the organisation of trade fairs and one of the main operators in the trade fair and conference sector at European level, with structures in Rimini and Vicenza, as well as further sites in...

06 september 2021

There is a significant need for smart and technological financial solutions in the diamond industry

MDPS, the Israeli start-up Fintech company from the Mazalit Group is gearing up to enter the diamond industry soon. Zeev Maimon, the CEO of MDPS is also the Founder / CEO of MAZALIT, a B2B payment platform designed and dedicated to the global diamond...

30 august 2021

The future for synthetics lies in that it has become possible to grow a stone you want and make what you want out of it

Alex Popov, President of the Moscow Diamond Exchange and head of the Âme jewelry brand, which uses lab-grown diamonds to produce jewelry, sat for an interview with Rough&Polished sharing his views on the coexistence of natural and man-made diamonds in...

23 august 2021

Zim negotiations: ALROSA accused of making “unreasonable” demands

24 september 2019

Russian diamond giant, ALROSA, which is still negotiating with its new joint venture partner, Zimbabwe Consolidated Diamond Company (ZCDC), has been accused of making “unreasonable” demands.
The world’s leading diamond producer’s demands include paying a low fee for lucrative claims, according to the Standard newspaper.
ALROSA signed an agreement with ZCDC in July, which will see it releasing about $12 million for diamond exploration.
The world’s leading diamond producer in volume terms will get a 70% controlling stake for the development of greenfield projects, while ZCDC will get the remaining 30%.
The new joint venture is expected to work not only within the current licences of ZCDC, but across the country.
ALROSA deputy chief executive Vladimir Marchenko said at the time that of the existing fields for development, they were preliminary considering the areas located in the Chimanimani region.
Apart from being engaged in geological exploration of greenfield deposits, the joint venture will in future go for diamond mining and independent sale of rough diamonds in external markets.

Mathew Nyaungwa, Editor in Chief of the African Bureau, Rough&Polished