Work hard and you will find success

Eduard Utkin, Director General of the “Jewellers’ Guild of Russia” Association, expert of the RF Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s Committee on Precious Metals and Precious Stones, told R&P about implementing the SIIS PMPS (State Integrated Information...

Yesterday

GOLDNET.MARKET - “We want and are working to provide business with the opportunity to develop a lot of activity areas”

Today, almost all jewellery companies have their own wholesale websites, online stores, and social media pages. But a year ago, GOLDNET.MARKET, the first jewellery wholesale marketplace appeared in Russia, a new effective tool for the jewellery market...

20 september 2021

Platinum’s rare nature gives it additional value and appeal

Huw Daniel is the CEO of Platinum Guild International, overseeing market development activities in China, Japan, India and the USA, on behalf of the platinum producers of South Africa. Before taking up this role in 2015, Huw ran PGI USA for 12 years...

13 september 2021

Marco Carniello: We want to continue to be the engine boosting the jewellery industry

Italian Exhibition Group (IEG) is a leader in Italy in the organisation of trade fairs and one of the main operators in the trade fair and conference sector at European level, with structures in Rimini and Vicenza, as well as further sites in...

06 september 2021

There is a significant need for smart and technological financial solutions in the diamond industry

MDPS, the Israeli start-up Fintech company from the Mazalit Group is gearing up to enter the diamond industry soon. Zeev Maimon, the CEO of MDPS is also the Founder / CEO of MAZALIT, a B2B payment platform designed and dedicated to the global diamond...

30 august 2021

De Beers concludes sale of Kimberley Mines despite workers discomfort

22 january 2016
De Beers Consolidated Mines (DBCM), a South African outfit of the De Beers group, has completed the sale of Kimberley Mines to Ekapa Minerals, an investor consortium comprising Ekapa Mining and Petra Diamonds.
The sale, it said in a statement, would see the consortium taking up all assets, including the tailings mineral resource.
Ekapa, an established Kimberley-based diamond tailings producer, holds a controlling stake with 50.1 percent shareholding, while Petra through a wholly owned South African subsidiary held the remaining 49.9 percent stake.
South Africa’s National Union of Mineworkers had planned to derail the deal claiming that they were not consulted before the deal was announced in the media.
Petra noted last December that the acquisition consideration of about $7.2 million would be funded by the two companies according to their percentage interests in the consortium.
The Kimberley Mines Tailings Minerals Resources (TMRs) had resources of 2.8 million carats.
The grade of the TMRs was expected to be about 11 cpht for the first three years of operation by Ekapa Minerals, reducing to about 6 cpht thereafter, when the higher grade tailings are treated.
Ekapa Minerals was expecting to produce about 700,000 ctpa in the first three years of operation of the Kimberley Mines, with revenue of about $65 million per annum, based on an assumed diamond price of about $95 per carat.

Mathew Nyaungwa, Editor in Chief of the African Bureau, Rough&Polished